No More Exclusions seeks to bring about radical, structural change that will lead to the creation of a new inclusive education system where all children feel loved, cared for, appropriately-challenged, valued and accepted.
1) An education system that does not demand that all children conform to zero tolerance behaviour policies.
2) An education system where people – children, parents, teachers – will always come before numbers, tests, data, inspection reports and league tables.
3) An education system that does not tolerate or erase difference but one that acknowledges it, engages with it and its complexities, and celebrates it.
4) An education system where children are encouraged to think critically about the world and their place in it, not rote-learn.
5) An education system that engages all learners through a broad, exciting and representative curriculum and critical pedagogy.
No More Exclusions’vision for education is based on the belief that Education is the practice of Freedom, not of domination.
Education has to be dialogical (two-ways) and humanizing of both the student and the teacher.
“When children attend schools that place a greater value on discipline and security than on knowledge and intellectual development, they are attending prep schools for prison.” Angela Y. Davis